Following the advice of HM Government on the Coronavirus Pandemic,
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ALL OPEN MEETINGS AND WALKS ARE CANCELLED.
Summer Placenames Quiz
Just for a bit of fun, there are no prizes, can you identify these Honley placenames?
Answers next week!!
In most of these there is a play on words of the names given to the various landmarks, streets, lanes and folds. One or two are anagrams.
1. The butcher and the baker might find a mate on this lane
2. You would find these in a church to protect your knees – or on boggy ground
3. Would you like a tonic with this?
4. A pastoral place to cultivate
5. The Lake District on your doorstep?
6. Have you heard the first one this year?
7. Fasten up this hem
8. Your lawn might get waterlogged here!
9. Harmony should exist in this street
10. A comfortable sleep on the beach?
11. A Gallic bent
12. Cottages – a mixture, and further north!
A letter from our Chairman Ken Jenkin,
There is a group of volunteers in the Holme Valley, contactable either by telephoning 01484 212056 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; they are willing and able to help with shopping, collection of prescriptions, dog walking and so on, should you need this kind of support.